Monday, October 29, 2012

NaNoWriMo


For the first time ever, I signed up for NaNoWriMo. I wasn't sure if I could handle the pressure, but I'm willing to take the challenge. If you're not familiar with it, it's basically a way to encourage writers to complete a novel within one month. Signing up gives you a place to meet other writers and to hold you accountable when it comes to getting those words in. It's especially helpful for those who need that extra push to stare at the computer for hours and hours, and to write a novel without constantly editing. I used to be really bad at that when I first started. I'd write a chapter or two, then go back and edit the thing to death before I even got the guts of the story in place. Now that I'm more familiar with my craft, I feel that NaNoWriMo will be a fun way to interact with other people and to cheer on my fellow writers.

If you're participating during the month of November, feel free to add me here! It kicks off November first, so be sure to sign up soon. Hope to see you there!


2 comments:

  1. Im participating too!!! Le's do this!! I'm actually quite excited! LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Valia Lind Yay! Me too! I can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete

With each comment, I will donate a sock to free a house elf.