Sunday, April 22, 2012

SCBWI

I attended my first conference yesterday here in Sacramento. SCBWI was truly amazing and full of inspiration. The sessions I enrolled in consisted of: One Page Synopsis in 30 minutes with Linda Joy Singleton, An Editor's Take On Revision with Andrea Tompa, and Creating a Successful Series with Lin Oliver.

There was a lot of note taking, and a whole heck of a lot of YA chit chat. I can honestly say it was one of the best days of my life. Some friends and I are talking about going to BEA next year in NYC, and I'm already preparing to save for that little adventure.

Seriously, if you're a writer (and if you're reading this blog, you most likely are) I totally recommend attending an SCBWI conference. I intend to become a member as soon as I can. Such a great experience to learn from published writers, agents, editors, and publishers. Also, it's a great way to meet other aspiring writers in or around your area.

Can't wait to attend another conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

With each comment, I will donate a sock to free a house elf.