Thursday, June 28, 2012

Most Anticipated Fall Books

With all these amazing books coming out this summer, it's hard to think about the fall already. Though I must admit, with fall comes two of the most anticipated books (at least for me).

I cannot wait. I repeat, CANNOT wait for the sequel to Daughter of Smoke and Bone:
When I first started reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone, I was like "I'm not sure where this is going, but I love it!" Karou is such a unique MC with amazing abilities, surrounded by fascinating characters. The odd, and at times disturbing, tasks she is given by her creature-like protector make for a very interesting journey. And even though her "family" are very strange inhuman characters, you can't help but love them. For me, the relationship with Akiva is one of the most beautiful, heartbreaking stories. Daughter of Smoke and Bone was a truly magical novel, and I'm so looking forward to what happens next in DAYS OF BLOOD & STARLIGHT. Due out November 6th, 2012.

Book number 2 of most anticipated fall novels is:
 One word: Noah. Can I get an Amen? If you've read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. Potty mouth, bad ass, and that accent. God, that accent. Thank you, Michelle Hodkin, for creating such a jaw dropping character. Now, I can talk about how absolutely gorgeous this fictional character is forever, but I digress. The mystery held through the story had me at the edge of my seat. I was dying to know exactly how Mara got where she was, and the backstory had me creeped out in a really good way! Strange things are happening around Mara––deadly things. You want to know more about the surrounding characters and what they have to do with all of it. There's an amazing twist at the end that I think everyone will appreciate. It strengthens the chemistry between Mara and Noah, which I love! The abrupt ending had me saying "NOOOO!" Cause I *needed* to know what happened next. Well guess what? Now I will in THE EVOLUTION OF MARA DYER. Due out October 23rd, 2012.

Question is: What books are you anticipating for the fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

With each comment, I will donate a sock to free a house elf.