Thursday, January 3, 2013

A New Year is a Fresh Start

Happy New Year! I've been neglecting my blog and I feel just awful about it. Things were getting pretty hectic for a minute with NaNo in November and the kick off of Pitch Wars in December. Even though I was still interacting a bit on Twitter, I took a semi-break from social networks last month. Things in real life were getting crazy and I was beginning to feel a little overwhelmed. Usually I'm so good at balancing everything and keeping up on my online presence, but I just couldn't hang.

So I'm back!

I can't promise that I'll update the blog as much as I should, but I am on Twitter quite a bit and I'm still blogging over at The Secret Life of Writers. We'll be starting back up on Monday January 7th.

As for me, I've been working on a few manuscripts, which has put a damper on my reading. If you follow me on Twitter then you know all about our new awesome apartment. We don't get to move in for another month, but we're really excited and anxious to start fresh. Along with moving, I've been thinking a lot about my career outside of writing and considering some changes in that aspect as well. That alone is pretty scary.

Several things are changing in my personal life, and it's left me feeling anxious and exhilarated. This year is going to bring a lot of changes and challenges, so I'm hoping that as it progresses I'll have more to share with you. I'll keep you updated as much as I can along the way.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Heather, this is such an exciting time for you! Embrace the chaos, life is so much more interesting.

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete

With each comment, I will donate a sock to free a house elf.